PhD Positions School of Computer Science
Applications are invited by excellent candidates for a PhD fellowship in the School of Computer Science, University College Dublin.
The position is funded through the INSIGHT Centre for Data Analytics (www.insight-centre.org), jointly with an industry partner. The successful candidate will work on a basic research project in the domain of recommender systems. This project will address a variety of research questions such as the application of machine learning models and deep learning to improving the performance and scalability of recommender systems.
The focus will be on basic research, considering scalable algorithms that are appropriate for large data. Successful candidates will work on real applications with industrial partners.
BSc or MSc Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics (ideally in the area of Recommender Systems or Machine Learning), or other relevant discipline required.
- Experience in the areas of Machine Learning, Information Extraction, Data analytics, Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Differential Privacy
- Experience in Recommender Systems
- Strong maths and programming skills (Python, Java)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience developing scalable machine learning models
- Experience with Spark
Informal enquiries about this position can be made to: elias.tragos “at” insight-centre.org.
Applications should be sent via email to Dr. Elias Tragos (elias.tragos "at" insight-centre.org) with the subject "RecSys PhD Application". Candidates are requested to submit (in one pdf file):
- 1 page cover letter detailing relevant experience and the reasons to pursue this fellowship
- CV (preferrably in Europass format)
- Transcripts (courses with grades)
- Contact details of 3 referees
- Please also add in a separate pdf file your BSc or MSc thesis
Please state in your e-mail, where you found out about this ad.
Applications will be reviewed as they come.
Interviews will be carried out as soon as suitable candidates are identified.
The successful candidate is expected to start no later than September 2018.
This is a 4 year fully funded PhD position, with a PhD scholarship of euro 18,000 per year (no tax, PhD fees are paid).
Application End Date: Saturday 8 September 2018.