Study Abroad Opportunities for Computer Science Students
|Why should I consider studying abroad?
Studying abroad during your degree offers you an opportunity to broadening your horizons! For example, an exchange programme can provide you with:
• a new perspective on different computer science topics
• exposure to different learning skills and environments
• a wide-range of new transferable skills (confidence, independence etc.)
• an opportunity to develop your language skills and experience a different culture
• an opportunity to build an international network of contacts
Another advantage of the UCD exchange programme is that you do not have to pay any tuition fees to your host university. Instead you register and pay fees to UCD as normal. You will also get full credit for the courses you study abroad. There are many exchange opportunities where courses are taught in English (e.g. Australia, US), so you don't have to be fluent in a second language to take part.
What is the best academic year to study abroad?
|What are my study abroad options and what are the costs?
There are two UCD programmes on offer:
|Who can I discuss this with in more detail?
If you are interested in applying for either the Erasmus or International Exchange programmes please contact:
In order to apply for either exchange programme you will need a recommendation from the School. So it is essential that you talk to academic staff about your intention to apply before sending application forms to the International Office.