Dr Deepak Ajwani
My research interests lie at the confluence of algorithms and data-structures (with a focus on scalable graph algorithms), algorithm engineering, semantic analysis, natural language processing and machine learning.
I am currently looking for excellent students, interested in doing a Ph.D. in developing scalable frameworks for learning algorithm strategies for discrete optimization problems. Interested students with background in algorithms and data-structures, machine learning and/or scalable algorithms can contact me.
Selected Journal Publications:
- Jiongqian Liang, Deepak Ajwani, Patrick K. Nicholson, Alessandra Sala, Srinivasan Parthasarathy: Prioritized Relationship Analysis in Heterogeneous Information Networks. TKDD 12(3): 29:1-29:27 (2018)
- Deepak Ajwani, Adam Hackett, Shoukat Ali, John P. Morrison, Stephen Kirkland: Co-optimizing application partitioning and network topology for a reconfigurable interconnect. J. Parallel Distrib. Comput. 96: 12-26 (2016)
- Deepak Ajwani, Adan Cosgaya-Lozano, Norbert Zeh: A topological sorting algorithm for large graphs. ACM Journal of Experimental Algorithmics17(1) (2011)
- Deepak Ajwani, Tobias Friedrich: Average-case analysis of incremental topological ordering. Discrete Applied Mathematics158(4): 240-250 (2010)
- Deepak Ajwani, Tobias Friedrich, Ulrich Meyer: An O(n2.75) algorithm for incremental topological ordering. ACM Trans. Algorithms 4(4): 39:1-39:14 (2008)
Selected Conference Publications:
- Nikhita Vedula, Patrick K. Nicholson, Deepak Ajwani, Sourav Dutta, Alessandra Sala, Srinivasan Parthasarathy: Enriching Taxonomies With Functional Domain Knowledge. SIGIR 2018
- Xiaofeng Yang, Deepak Ajwani, Wolfgang Gatterbauer, Patrick K. Nicholson, Mirek Riedewald, Alessandra Sala: Any-k: Anytime Top-k Tree Pattern Retrieval in Labeled Graphs. WWW 2018
- Deepak Ajwani, Shoukat Ali, John P. Morrison: Graph Partitioning for Reconfigurable Topology. IPDPS 2012: 836-847
Deepak Ajwani, Nodari Sitchinava, Norbert Zeh: Geometric Algorithms for Private-Cache Chip Multiprocessors - (Extended Abstract). ESA (2) 2010: 75-86
Deepak Ajwani, Roman Dementiev, Ulrich Meyer: A computational study of external-memory BFS algorithms. SODA 2006: 601-610